New Generation™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hermes Victoria Bags[
Connectivity issues EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am by cangliang

» Hermes Auslauf
Connectivity issues EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 am by cangliang

» Discount Hermes Outlet
Connectivity issues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am by cangliang

» ]Lady peep christian louboutin
Connectivity issues EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Evening Shoes
Connectivity issues EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 am by cangliang

» Louis vuitton handbags outlet
Connectivity issues EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 pm by cangliang

» hermes mens bag Replik billige Hermes Taschen zum Verkauf
Connectivity issues EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:32 pm by cangliang

» Whiteley’s outside when hottest Victoria’s Top secret exhibit line-up is definitely unveiled.
Connectivity issues EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:37 am by Jollysu

» FML!!!!!!!! ahhhh
Connectivity issues EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:49 pm by ChEmIcAlSzZz

Top posters
ChEmIcAlSzZz
Connectivity issues I_vote_lcapConnectivity issues I_voting_barConnectivity issues I_vote_rcap 
xWHEETO123x
Connectivity issues I_vote_lcapConnectivity issues I_voting_barConnectivity issues I_vote_rcap 
iXomarXiAKA-BigO
II-Malz-II
ArmouredKev
David-Blyth
jackmondd
Musica-Beatzz
cod_fish202
gully-man-4143
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is lovinlav

Our users have posted a total of 1319 messages in 122 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Connectivity issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Connectivity issues Empty
PostSubject: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Putting your PS3 into a DMZ (demilitarized zone) simply opens all of the ports on it.

If you have the following problems, this is likely to fix it.
Not being able to join rooms
Not being able to speak over your headset
Not being able to hear other people over their headset
Not being able to join private games
Any problems to do with connectivity to the PSN, especially if your computer will connect to the internet, but your PS3 won't.

Part 1-(On PS3)

Firstly, you will need to assign your PS3 a static internal IP address. Normally whenever a device connects to your router it will be assigned a different internal IP address. These are normally 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4 and so on. Assigning a static one will ensure that your PS3 will get the same one every time it connects.
Go to the "Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings" option on the PS3 XMB. Choose whether you are using wireless or wired.
Both selections should show a page called "Address Settings". Here you will need to select "Custom". Another page will then display entitled "IP Address Setting". The option "Manual" will need to be selected.
This will display a page where customizable IP Addresses are available to be entered.
IP Address - This will need to have the Static IP address in it. Use 192.168.1.80, simply because it is unlikely that 80 other devices will be connected at the same time.
Subnet Mask - always set to 255.255.255.0
Default Router - Is the internal IP Address of your router.
To get the exact ip of your router you should go to
Start
Run
cmd [Hit Enter]
Type in ipconfig and hit enter, this should come up with all the ip addresses to do with your computer and the network. The address you will need to enter in this option is listed as "Default Gateway".

Primary DNS - Same IP Address as "Default Router"
Secondary DNS - Same IP Address as "Default Router"
Proxy � When you get to the proxy screen, select "Do not use Proxy"
MTU � Automatic
UPnP � Enabled

Part 2-(On PC)

In your Internet Browser, type the address of your default gateway, this will take you to your Router Configuration Page. Look for any mention of DMZ
When you have found this, it will ask you for the Static IP of the DMZ host. This is simply the Internal IP that you assigned your PS3. We used 192.168.1.80.
Finally, turn off your Router, PC and PS3 for a few minutes to ensure that the new settings are loaded. Then your ready to go!
Back to top Go down
xWHEETO123x
Nx|G Owner/Alpha Member

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:04 am

loving the mint advice author
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:20 am

Thank you without doing this I wouldn't be able to connect to anyone D:
Back to top Go down
xWHEETO123x
Nx|G Owner/Alpha Member

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 pm

really wow crazy affraid
Back to top Go down
iXomarXiAKA-BigO

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:36 pm

THX ARTHUR, ANYWAY PLZ ELP ME IN THIS,,, I HAVE THE SKY 20MBPS CONNECTION BUT I ONLU GET 4MBPS MAXIMUM,, THE PEOPLE AT SKY SAID THAT IS THE MAX I CAN GET DUE TO THE DISTANCE I LIVE FROM THEIR OFFICE AND MY BAD LINE QUALITY, IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN IMPROVE OR INCREASE MY MBPS, PLZ HELP, THX, MY PING IS ABOUT 31.
Back to top Go down
II-Malz-II
Nx|G Alpha Member
II-Malz-II

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 pm

isnt tht gud ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 pm

iXomarXiAKA-BigO wrote:
THX ARTHUR, ANYWAY PLZ ELP ME IN THIS,,, I HAVE THE SKY 20MBPS CONNECTION BUT I ONLU GET 4MBPS MAXIMUM,, THE PEOPLE AT SKY SAID THAT IS THE MAX I CAN GET DUE TO THE DISTANCE I LIVE FROM THEIR OFFICE AND MY BAD LINE QUALITY, IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN IMPROVE OR INCREASE MY MBPS, PLZ HELP, THX, MY PING IS ABOUT 31.

Yeh if you live far from the exchange (where the internet comes from in simple terms) effects your speed. Anything over say 800m will affect the speed maybe even less far than that. Theres nothing you can do really. However it may be best to switch to a lower package as their is no point paying for 20 when you get 4? Also a ping of 31ms is decent Smile.
Back to top Go down
II-Malz-II
Nx|G Alpha Member
II-Malz-II

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:46 pm

i 4rt tht was bad lol i dont know comuters well i just clik buttons xD
Back to top Go down
ChEmIcAlSzZz

ChEmIcAlSzZz

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:06 am

I ve noticed Omar always rites in caps, its a bit scary D:<
Back to top Go down
II-Malz-II
Nx|G Alpha Member
II-Malz-II

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:42 pm

hes powered by evil xD
Back to top Go down
iXomarXiAKA-BigO

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:13 pm

thx, arthur, btw will ur tutorial about the static ip help, and sorry chemicallz , i am not gona rite this post in caps , just 4 , u and also lol at malz. but he is right... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues   Connectivity issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Connectivity issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Generation™ :: New Generation™ :: Guides and Help-
Jump to: